CLAYTON, N.C. (WNCN) – Cleveland scored multiple touchdowns in all but the final quarter en route to stomping Garner Magnet, 56-33, to earn its third-straight win over the Trojans.
It looked like Garner’s luck was changing when Aundre Henry scurries 21 yards into the end zone to draw first blood on the Trojans’ opening drive.
However, Omarion Hampton punched in a touchdown of his own to give Cleveland a 7-6 lead. A Derrick Alston run knotted the game at 14-14 in the first quarter before the Rams took firm control.
Hampton continued to be the lynchpin for Cleveland’s offense. He ripped off a 79-yard run as another of his five first-half touchdowns.
Southeast Raleigh will visit Clayton next week. Garner, after splitting a pair of road games to begin the campaign, hosts Millbrook for its home opener.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Jimmy Carter says he couldn’t have managed presidency at 80
- Suspects in Fuquay-Varina Sheetz shooting also charged in earlier car break-ins
- Former NC firefighter accused of secretly recording teen girl in bathroom
- Texas School for the Deaf wins new football equipment, message from Peyton Manning
- American cancer survivor swims across English Channel 4 times in a row to set new world record
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now