CLAYTON, N.C. (WNCN) – Cleveland scored multiple touchdowns in all but the final quarter en route to stomping Garner Magnet, 56-33, to earn its third-straight win over the Trojans.
It looked like Garner’s luck was changing when Aundre Henry scurries 21 yards into the end zone to draw first blood on the Trojans’ opening drive.
However, Omarion Hampton punched in a touchdown of his own to give Cleveland a 7-6 lead. A Derrick Alston run knotted the game at 14-14 in the first quarter before the Rams took firm control.
Hampton continued to be the lynchpin for Cleveland’s offense. He ripped off a 79-yard run as another of his five first-half touchdowns.
Southeast Raleigh will visit Clayton next week. Garner, after splitting a pair of road games to begin the campaign, hosts Millbrook for its home opener.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Astronomers find ‘Milky Way look-alike’ baby galaxy 12 billion light-years from Earth
- Report: U.S. Postal Service warns 46 states about mail voting delays including North Carolina
- This NC woman turned 116 and is the oldest person in the U.S.
- Durham residents want peace as police adjust to combat surge in gun violence
- Students concerned after COVID-19 clusters confirmed at UNC housing
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now