RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Southeast Raleigh was well on their way to their first victory of the season, but the Trojans of Harnett Central had other plans.
The Trojans entered the game with a 1-1 record and played sort of a Jekyll and Hyde kind of game.
The Bulldogs of Southeast Raleigh did what they could to get off the snide. An 85-yard punt return touchdown from Christian Ruff nearly did the trick, pushing the Bulldogs’ lead to 12-0.
Harnett Central started their comeback effort following a Tayshawn Moore 38-yard scamper for six. The Trojans kept punching back before finding themselves in the lead, which they would not relinquish. Trojans win 16-12.
Southeast Raleigh is still on the hunt for that elusive first win and Harnett Central will move to 2-1.
- Family of man exonerated in 1995 rape case asks Forsyth County DA to stop using the case in ads for political gain
- Mother of a missing baby last seen in December says she knew who took her
- Coronavirus fears begin to affect stock market
- Read Vanessa Bryant’s speech at the memorial for Kobe and Gigi Bryant
- How WakeMed’s unprecedented medical package drone delivery system looks to close the healthcare availability gap
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now