RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Southeast Raleigh was well on their way to their first victory of the season, but the Trojans of Harnett Central had other plans.
The Trojans entered the game with a 1-1 record and played sort of a Jekyll and Hyde kind of game.
The Bulldogs of Southeast Raleigh did what they could to get off the snide. An 85-yard punt return touchdown from Christian Ruff nearly did the trick, pushing the Bulldogs’ lead to 12-0.
Harnett Central started their comeback effort following a Tayshawn Moore 38-yard scamper for six. The Trojans kept punching back before finding themselves in the lead, which they would not relinquish. Trojans win 16-12.
Southeast Raleigh is still on the hunt for that elusive first win and Harnett Central will move to 2-1.
- Dance teacher pleads guilty to rape, exposing teen to HIV charges
- The hub for holiday shows this year
- So, your Disney+ account was hacked. Here’s what to do
- Mother found guilty of throwing newborn baby over fence, will spend rest of life in prison
- VIDEO: Doorbell camera captures horrifying moment car slams into teen crossing the street
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now