GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) – Holly Springs had a late surge to score 20 in the fourth quarter in a 27-6 win over Garner Magnet. With that, the Golden Hawks are off to a 2-0 start in defending their conference championship and are 6-0 on the season.
Quarterback Brock Wills and receiver Derek Coombs had synergy throughout most of the evening. They linked up for a touchdown as Holly Springs rolled to its third win in a row by more than 20 points.
The Hawks’ stellar run thus far seems to be building toward back-to-back games against Middle Creek and Apex Friendship. The set will have a strong influence on the conference’s title race.
Garner Magnet, with only one win in six tries, hosts Middle Creek next week.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC investigators working to determine if arson was racially motivated
- About 100 protest and march in Knightdale Friday night
- Hundreds march during 7th night of protests in Raleigh Friday
- Grateful mom thanks NC police captain who saved choking baby at restaurant
- Fayetteville police announce arrests in break-ins, vandalism following protests
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now