DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Jordan High School head coach Anthony Barbour stepped down as head football coach, assistant coach Rob McLamb said.
Barbour had recently been diagnosed with cancer.
Barbour has been at the helm of the Falcons’ program since 2016. He led the team to the postseason each of the past three seasons. Jordan won the Triangle 8 4-A Conference this past season before bowing out to Scotland in the first round of the playoffs.
Prior to his coaching career, Barbour helped lead Garner High School to the 1987 state championship before enjoying a successful career at North Carolina State.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
- 84-year-old man taking photos of boys outside Missouri grade school charged with child porn
- Large hail, power outages, some damage reported after storms hit Wake County
- Missing teen’s death investigated as homicide, Virginia police say
- Clayton man accused of killing his children’s mother appears in court, victim’s family speaks out
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now