RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Leesville Road had an answer for everything Wakefield brought Friday night in a 37-6 win at home to kickstart the season.
Wakefield, to its credit, gave the Pride a fight. Trailing 14-0, Nemiah Jones found himself in the right place at the right time when he nabbed a tipped pass and took off for the end zone.
That cut the home side’s lead to 14-6, but Leesville Road responded quickly. Signal caller Trey Baker hit Noah Burnette on a slant route and he broke loose for the touchdown.
The Pride lit up the Wolverines for 23 unanswered points after Jones’ score.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Walmart expands closing times for majority of stores
- Trial set for woman charged in connection with Vanessa Guillen’s death
- COVID-19 in NC: 1,346 new cases reported on Friday
- ‘Catastrophic’ Durham fire was intentionally set, officials say
- Raleigh police investigate shooting off Falls of Neuse Road
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now