RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Leesville Road had an answer for everything Wakefield brought Friday night in a 37-6 win at home to kickstart the season.
Wakefield, to its credit, gave the Pride a fight. Trailing 14-0, Nemiah Jones found himself in the right place at the right time when he nabbed a tipped pass and took off for the end zone.
That cut the home side’s lead to 14-6, but Leesville Road responded quickly. Signal caller Trey Baker hit Noah Burnette on a slant route and he broke loose for the touchdown.
The Pride lit up the Wolverines for 23 unanswered points after Jones’ score.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Ex-Cook Out worker refused Roxboro cop service because he was ‘rude’ in the past, she says
- Man charged in Wayne County shooting after victim found in yard, deputies say
- 1 dead in Durham car crash, police say
- Svechnikov’s overtime winner lifts Hurricanes over Wild
- Missing 14-year-old from Fayetteville is found safe, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now