RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Leesville Road coasted in a 37-6 win over Wakefield in Week 1 thanks, in part, to the synergy displayed by seniors Trey Baker and Noah Burnette.
Baker hit Burnette on a short route along the right side. Burnette caught it in stride and took off, splitting Wakefield’s secondary as he went untouched on his way to the end zone.
The Blitz airs at 11 p.m. every Friday night during high school football season. Tune in and follow the action online for the biggest showdowns in the area, the best bands and tailgates, and to vote for the best play of the week.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Jimmy Carter says he couldn’t have managed presidency at 80
- Suspects in Fuquay-Varina Sheetz shooting also charged in earlier car break-ins
- Former NC firefighter accused of secretly recording teen girl in bathroom
- Texas School for the Deaf wins new football equipment, message from Peyton Manning
- American cancer survivor swims across English Channel 4 times in a row to set new world record
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now