GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) – The high school football season is two weeks away. Some teams are already ironing out who will be slotting in where, especially at the quarterback position.
Not Garner, though. The Trojans, despite having a three-year starter Noah Mclean back, may be in the market for a new signal-caller.
Mclean is competing for a spot on the USA 18-and-under squad. If he makes the team, he’ll miss about a third of the regular season.
“It’s going to be tough, no doubt,” he said. “I’ve been with these guys for four years now. It’s truly a brotherhood.”
But for Mclean, a chance to wear the red, white, and blue is too good to pass up.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Robeson County deputies investigating after man found dead on road
- Shake Shack’s first Triangle location opening Wednesday in Cary
- Mass shooting survivor: Bank could have saved victims
- Jury to weigh ex-school head’s lawsuit against writer Sparks
- SC deputies issue Stop Work Order for strip club posing as restaurant
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now