RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Millbrook rallied from a two-touchdown third-quarter deficit to steal a win at Enloe, 42-37, in Friday’s conference opener.
Enloe had led 28-14 in the third quarter before the Wildcats went on to score 22 in the fourth quarter. They took a 35-31 lead at one point in the fourth, but Enloe counterpunched to go ahead by two points before Millbrook struck again in the last minute.
The Eagles marched right down the field after receiving the opening kickoff. Quarterback Jaeden Worthem connected with fellow senior Corey Collins to put them ahead 7-0 early on.
Later in the opening period, Worthem linked up with a wide-open Deandre Swain to push Enloe’s advantage to 21-0.
Millbrook got on the board thanks to a pair of touchdowns by quarterback Tristin Pullen, including one just before halftime, to pull within a score, 21-14.
The Eagles’ shortcoming on homecoming leaves them still looking for their first win. They’ll head to Broughton next week.
Millbrook will return home next week to host a hot Leesville Road team hot off a 42-10 beatdown of Sanderson.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Rocky Mount woman wins $342,754 from Carolina Cash 5 jackpot
- ‘Like he was in a car wreck’: Medical expert describes injuries of 4-year-old beaten to death
- NC man found unresponsive in vehicle with ‘white substance,’ 2 kids in car
- Closings, delays | February 21
- Pregnant Virginia woman shot in the face, killed; man charged with murder
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now