HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Orange’s luck turned around just in time to begin conference play. The Panthers had two losses by a combined seven points, but picked up a 40-7 win over East Chapel Hill Friday.
Wyatt Jones bullied his way into the end zone for the game’s first touchdown. Not long after, Orange extended its lead to 17-0 when Jones tossed a 17-yard touchdown to Joseph Kiger.
The Panthers made it 24-0 on Elliott Woods’ run and never looked back.
Orange will now aim to string together wins for the first time this season next week at Southern Durham. East Chapel Hill, still after its first victory, hosts Vance County.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- FBI worker’s death in NC mountains is called ‘suspicious’
- Changes to Green Beret course draw scrutiny as troops are tested in NC woods
- Woman killed in her home as police fire through window, family seeks answers
- 10-year-old girl dies after she’s ‘ejected’ from fair ride in New Jersey
- 3-year-old girl kidnapped from birthday party, Amber Alert issued
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now