CLAYTON, N.C. (WNCN) – Clayton has the talent at running back and on the offensive line to give it one of the best rushing attacks in the area year-in and year-out.
Among the leaders of that group is senior running back Jalen Chadwick. He shredded Fuquay-Varina’s defense to the tune of 150 yards and three touchdowns as the Comets flew to a 49-34 win.
It marked Clayton’s second win in a row — following a 24-21 victory over Garner Magnet — after three losses to open the season.
“I’ve been blessed to be healthy and God’s kept me in a good spot,” Chadwick said, also crediting his family and Clayton’s coaching staff for his success.
Chadwick and the Comets wrapped up non-conference play at home Friday against Heritage. They’ll kick off league action with back-to-back road games at South Johnston and East Wake before returning home for an Oct. 25 showdown with Cleveland.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Cape Fear Valley Medical Center working on fix after victims billed as much as $5,000 for rape kits
- Police: Drunk driver runs red light, kills woman in Florida crash
- Dog attack leads to arrest of SC man on animal fighting, cruelty charges
- Suspect who killed Canadian military member in Florida sentenced to prison
- How apple cider vinegar helped woman shed pounds