CLAYTON, N.C. (WNCN) – Clayton has the talent at running back and on the offensive line to give it one of the best rushing attacks in the area year-in and year-out.
Among the leaders of that group is senior running back Jalen Chadwick. He shredded Fuquay-Varina’s defense to the tune of 150 yards and three touchdowns as the Comets flew to a 49-34 win.
It marked Clayton’s second win in a row — following a 24-21 victory over Garner Magnet — after three losses to open the season.
“I’ve been blessed to be healthy and God’s kept me in a good spot,” Chadwick said, also crediting his family and Clayton’s coaching staff for his success.
Chadwick and the Comets wrapped up non-conference play at home Friday against Heritage. They’ll kick off league action with back-to-back road games at South Johnston and East Wake before returning home for an Oct. 25 showdown with Cleveland.
- Baby dead, 2 adults shot after shooting at Raleigh apartment
- FDA temporarily suspends order banning sales of Juul
- Holly Springs launches fireworks with heightened security, new traffic improvements
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools cancel summer events this week, relocates others due to air conditioning failures
- Wake County cooling stations to open Wednesday as temperatures reach 100s