CLAYTON, N.C. (WNCN) – Clayton has the talent at running back and on the offensive line to give it one of the best rushing attacks in the area year-in and year-out.
Among the leaders of that group is senior running back Jalen Chadwick. He shredded Fuquay-Varina’s defense to the tune of 150 yards and three touchdowns as the Comets flew to a 49-34 win.
It marked Clayton’s second win in a row — following a 24-21 victory over Garner Magnet — after three losses to open the season.
“I’ve been blessed to be healthy and God’s kept me in a good spot,” Chadwick said, also crediting his family and Clayton’s coaching staff for his success.
Chadwick and the Comets wrapped up non-conference play at home Friday against Heritage. They’ll kick off league action with back-to-back road games at South Johnston and East Wake before returning home for an Oct. 25 showdown with Cleveland.
- Tracking the Tropics: Hurricane hacks you should know before storms come your way
- ‘I am scared for my own life’: 911 call offers new details after man accused of killing 19-year-old High Point University student
- Rocket Man: Elton John announces NC concert in 2022
- SC man who had over 500K photos, nearly 9K videos of child sex abuse sentenced to 20 years
- Durham VA says COVID-19 vaccine lottery leading to rise in vaccinations at clinics