HOLLY SPRINGS, N.C. (WNCN) — This week in our “Player of the Week” segment, we travel to Holly Springs HS where senior linebacker Shane Perry makes his mark.
The Golden Hawks field general on the defensive side of the ball is a ferocious tackler and is the heart and soul of the team. Many describe Perry as a battler on the field, who never quits on a play — no matter the outcome.
In a recent game, he had double-digit tackles, blocked a punt, and returned an interception for a touchdown. Perry can do it all. Not a bad night.
Though he will continue to rack up individual accolades, Perry is undoubtedly a team player — the ultimate team player.
Perry and the Golden Hawks were not in action in Week 3 as the team gets a bye before heading to Cary on Sept. 20.
- 21 years later, Cumberland County detectives close the case of ‘Baby Michael’
- Pigeons wearing tiny MAGA hats released in downtown Las Vegas
- Lawmakers confident US health officials will contain coronavirus: ‘I think they’re all over this one’
- 2 years later: Parkland students, families in Washington pushing for stronger gun regulation
- Department of Transportation grants give millions to coastal ports
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now