FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – An early-season classic took place Friday in Fayetteville as Seventy-First edged Cape Fear, 28-27, to pick up its second win in as many tries.
Seventy-First got on the board first when Kory Prentice-Cole swept to the right and hit paydirt. Cape Fear countered in the air, though, with Kimani Britton rolling out and finding Taquan Gamble past the pylons.
Britton put in some work on the ground, too. The Colt quarterback showed off his moves to position Cape Fear deep in Seventy-First territory, setting up a go-ahead touchdown.
The Falcons soared back, though. They’ll head to E.E. Smith next week. Cape Fear will aim to bounce back at Lumberton in Week 3.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Suspects in Fuquay-Varina Sheetz shooting also charged in earlier car break-ins
- Former NC firefighter accused of secretly recording teen girl in bathroom
- Texas School for the Deaf wins new football equipment, message from Peyton Manning
- American cancer survivor swims across English Channel 4 times in a row to set new world record
- Deputies: Couple had sex in patrol car after arrest
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now