FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – An early-season classic took place Friday in Fayetteville as Seventy-First edged Cape Fear, 28-27, to pick up its second win in as many tries.
Seventy-First got on the board first when Kory Prentice-Cole swept to the right and hit paydirt. Cape Fear countered in the air, though, with Kimani Britton rolling out and finding Taquan Gamble past the pylons.
Britton put in some work on the ground, too. The Colt quarterback showed off his moves to position Cape Fear deep in Seventy-First territory, setting up a go-ahead touchdown.
The Falcons soared back, though. They’ll head to E.E. Smith next week. Cape Fear will aim to bounce back at Lumberton in Week 3.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Chapel Hill author shares ways to find joy in your life
- Walmart expands closing times for majority of stores
- Trial set for woman charged in connection with Vanessa Guillen’s death
- COVID-19 in NC: 1,346 new cases reported on Friday
- ‘Catastrophic’ Durham fire was intentionally set, officials say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now