CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) – UNC football season tickets have sold out for the 2019 season.
Home game against Appalachian State and reigning national champion Clemson are completely sold out.
Anyone looking to attend the Tar Heels game against Clemson will need to purchase a three-game pack which includes tickets to the Aug. 31 game in Charlotte against South Carolina and Mercer on Nov. 23.
Other home games in Chapel Hill include Miami on Sept. 7, Duke on Oct. 26, and Virginia on Nov. 2.
The sell out announcement comes after a 3-9 campaign in 2017 and a 2-9 season in 2018.
UNC fired head coach Larry Fedora on Nov. 25, 2018 – the day after the Tar Heels lost to N.C. State in Chapel Hill 34-28 in overtime.
On Nov. 27, 2018, Mack Brown was named head coach in Chapel Hill. Brown returns to UNC 21 years after his original stint leading the Heels.
Other sports headlines from CBS17.com:
- AP Was There: Seles tops Graf in riveting French Open final
- Union Berlin’s Anthony Ujah calls on players to fight racism
- Elway joins call for change after George Floyd’s killing
- A’s owner John Fisher to pay club’s minor leaguers after all
- Goodell says NFL was wrong for not listening to players