CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina’s men’s basketball team is returning to its old home court for one game.
Team spokesman Steve Kirschner said Thursday that the Tar Heels’ game against Wofford on Dec. 15 will be played at the 6,822-seat Carmichael Arena — the first regular-season game there since 1986.
The game had to be played that day because of scheduling conflicts that include the Tar Heels leaving the next day for a game at Gonzaga. North Carolina’s regular home arena, the 21,750-seat Dean Smith Center, already was booked for the university’s December commencement.
The arena where Michael Jordan and James Worthy became college stars, Carmichael has hosted one men’s game since the Smith Center opened in 1986. UNC beat William & Mary in the first round of the 2010 NIT.
- Woman on motorcycle dies in Fayetteville crash, police say
- VIDEO: Massive fire destroys oceanfront home at NC island
- Couple nabbed after man kicks puppy into Myrtle Beach pool
- Crews searching for young man who vanished during night swim at NC coast
- Woman charged in deadly shooting during NC domestic dispute
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now