ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) – Leaky Black had a big driving basket at the 1:02 mark followed by a clinching free throw with 5.5 seconds left to help No. 14 North Carolina hold off Stanford 67-63 in the semifinals at the relocated Maui Invitational.
Freshman Caleb Love scored 16 points to lead the Tar Heels. UNC shot 50% after halftime and won despite committing 24 turnovers.
Black finished with 10 points and seven rebounds as one of five players in double figures. Daejon Davis scored 18 points to lead Stanford.
The Cardinal shot 39% for the game and made just 5 of 20 3-point tries.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Backup QBs have seen plenty of action in NFL playoffs
- Mets general manager admits sending explicit texts, images to female reporter, report says
- Thief berated mom for leaving kid in car he stole, police say
- In a historic move, Biden picks transgender woman as assistant health secretary
- South Carolina man who reportedly took selfie in US Capitol charged