CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) – Michael Carter ran for three touchdowns and Sam Howell threw two touchdown passes as North Carolina beat Western Carolina 49-9 in its home finale.
Howell completed 20 of 23 first-half passes as the Tar Heels rang up a 42-3 lead by halftime.
It was a strong bounce-back performance following a loss a week earlier to undefeated Notre Dame.
Western Carolina wrapped up an abbreviated fall schedule with an 0-3 record, though it scored first-quarter points for the first time this season.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Signs of improvement appear in NC’s still-high COVID-19 numbers
- Wake County authorities say safety concerns over possible protests extend beyond Capitol grounds
- Starbucks closing some NYC stores ahead of Inauguration Day ‘out of an abundance of caution’
- 14-year-old bicyclist struck and killed in Charlotte
- Book Harvest celebrates 10th annual Dream Big Book Drive on MLK Jr. Day