BOSTON (AP) – Sam Howell threw for two touchdowns and Trey Morrison scored after intercepting the potential tying 2-point conversion with 45 seconds left to lead No. 12 North Carolina to a 26-22 victory over Boston College.
Idle since Sept. 12, the Tar Heels improved to 2-0 and sent BC to its first loss under new coach Jeff Hafley.
Howell completed 14 of 26 passes for 225 yards, including a 41-yard score to Javonte Williams that gave Carolina a 21-13 lead with just over a minute left in the first half.
Williams ran for 57 yards and caught two passes for 56, and Michael Carter carried 16 times for 121 yards for the Tar Heels.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Halloween treat: Full ‘blue moon’ set to shine
- Photo gallery: Remembering Sean Connery
- Skinwalker Ranch: Possibly the spookiest place on Earth
- Former James Bond actor Sean Connery dies at age 90
- As Trump faces uncertain future, so do his signature rallies