CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) — The non-conference portion of the University of North Carolina men’s basketball schedule was released on Wednesday.
The 2023-24 non-conference slate includes several early challenges for UNC head coach Hubert Davis and his squad.
The Tar Heels open regular season play against Radford at the Dean E. Smith Center on Nov. 6.
However, the first big test will take place down in the Bahamas as UNC competes in the Battle 4 Atlantis throughout the week of Thanksgiving. In the opening round on Nov. 22, the Tar Heels are set to square off with Northern Iowa, before taking on either Villanova or Texas Tech the next day. The remaining field for the three-day tournament consists of Arkansas, Michigan, Memphis and Stanford.
Tennessee is paying a visit to Chapel Hill for the inaugural ACC-SEC Challenge on Nov. 29. Six days later, the Tar Heels travel to the Big Apple for a clash with the defending national champion UConn in Madison Square Garden as part of the Jimmy V Classic.
For another neutral site matchup in Atlanta, UNC faces off against a familiar foe on Dec. 16 when the Tar Heels play Kentucky in the CBS Sports Classic. Less than a week later, Carolina will then battle Oklahoma in the Jumpman Invitational on Dec. 20 in Charlotte.
UNC closes out the non-conference schedule in a home matchup with Charleston Southern on Dec. 29.
The Atlantic Coast Conference will announce the entire schedule, including league games, in September.
You can check out the full non-conference schedule below:
UNC men’s basketball 2023-24 non-conference schedule
- Oct. 27 vs. St. Augustine’s (preseason game, Chapel Hill)
- Nov. 6 vs. Radford (Chapel Hill)
- Nov. 12 vs. Lehigh (Chapel Hill)
- Nov. 17 vs. UC Riverside (Chapel Hill)
- Nov. 22 vs. Northern Iowa (Bad Boy Mowers Battle 4 Atlantis on Paradise Island in The Bahamas)
- Nov. 23 vs. Texas Tech or Villanova (Bad Boy Mowers Battle 4 Atlantis on Paradise Island in The Bahamas)
- Nov. 24 vs. Arkansas, Memphis, Michigan or Stanford (Bad Boy Mowers Battle 4 Atlantis on Paradise Island in The Bahamas)
- Nov. 29 vs. Tennessee (ACC-SEC Challenge in Chapel Hill)
- Dec. 5 vs. Connecticut (Jimmy V Classic in New York)
- Dec. 16 vs. Kentucky (CBS Sports Classic in Atlanta)
- Dec. 20 vs. Oklahoma (Jumpman Invitational in Charlotte)
- Dec. 29 vs. Charleston Southern (Chapel Hill)