North Carolina guard Leah Church has already gained national attention in the past by making 120 3-pointers in five minutes. But earlier this month Church went viral again.
She posted a video to her Twitter account with the caption, “Stay ready.” She hit three consecutive shots from beyond the 3-point line. Her post was retweeted 820 times and had more than 3,600 likes. CBS 17 caught up with the sharpshooter Tuesday. She showed off her skills in the gym, the same skills that got the attention from numerous Twitter handles, including what she considers the pinnacle of them all, ESPN’s SportsCenter.
“It was pretty amazing. I think social media has really changed the game. Because you post one thing and it circulates so quickly. It was amazing really when Sportscenter shared it because I was like, ‘Wow, that’s incredible.’ Because you grow up all your life watching SportsCenter and seeing all these amazing athletes, and then to be actually featured on there was pretty cool,” said Church.
- Traffic Alert: Chapel Hill Road to close Wednesday night near Cary
- Wake County nonprofit’s funding issues could keep local spellers from making it to national bee
- Humberto approaching Bermuda, Jerry forms in the Atlantic
- NC mom says Scarowinds is ‘unsafe’ after 3 fights break out in park
- Camp Lejeune service member, woman charged with LSD trafficking
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now