CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) – North Carolina football coach Mack Brown gave reporters a behind-the-scenes look at some of the improvements made during the offseason. Among them was an upgraded locker room.
Now, each UNC football player will have a safe-like cubby at his locker. Each spot has a locker with its own code. Each also has ports players can use to charge their phones and other devices.
“What we did is we took the best lockers in the country and go over everything they liked about the locker and things they wanted to add,
Brown said. “They added, obviously, some things to keep their phones and their iPads and their computers charged while they’re at practice.
Brown also showed off the new turf field at Kenan Stadium and the team’s new player’s lounge.
UNC begins preseason football camp on Thursday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- New wheels: Pickup trucks replacing minivans as go-to ‘mom-mobile’
- Report finds majority of “possession of firearm” cases dismissed in Durham County
- Eye on the Storm | Aug. 14
- North Carolina lawmakers unveil tax refund bill
- Police release sketch of Fayetteville rape suspect
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now