CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) – North Carolina football coach Mack Brown gave reporters a behind-the-scenes look at some of the improvements made during the offseason. Among them was an upgraded locker room.
Now, each UNC football player will have a safe-like cubby at his locker. Each spot has a locker with its own code. Each also has ports players can use to charge their phones and other devices.
“What we did is we took the best lockers in the country and go over everything they liked about the locker and things they wanted to add,
Brown said. “They added, obviously, some things to keep their phones and their iPads and their computers charged while they’re at practice.
Brown also showed off the new turf field at Kenan Stadium and the team’s new player’s lounge.
UNC begins preseason football camp on Thursday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- US may ban TikTok and other Chinese social media, Sec. of State Pompeo says
- Dog mauls 1-year-old girl to death at Fourth of July party
- Baby on board: Florida woman gives birth on pontoon boat on 4th of July
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Raleigh 911 and Cottonwood Residential are hiring
- NC family says funeral home put wrong body in casket, mother was buried by another family
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now