CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) – North Carolina football coach Mack Brown gave reporters a behind-the-scenes look at some of the improvements made during the offseason. Among them was an upgraded locker room.
Now, each UNC football player will have a safe-like cubby at his locker. Each spot has a locker with its own code. Each also has ports players can use to charge their phones and other devices.
“What we did is we took the best lockers in the country and go over everything they liked about the locker and things they wanted to add,
Brown said. “They added, obviously, some things to keep their phones and their iPads and their computers charged while they’re at practice.
Brown also showed off the new turf field at Kenan Stadium and the team’s new player’s lounge.
UNC begins preseason football camp on Thursday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Here’s why you shouldn’t compare efficacy numbers for the 3 COVID-19 vaccines
- Chase for the Championship | It’s almost ACC Tournament time!
- Around 40% of Fort Bragg community has received COVID-19 vaccine, Army officials say
- NC Republicans push forward with legislation to further open schools
- Man charged with shooting at 30+ cars, houses, people in Wake County, sheriff’s office says