TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) – Jordan Travis ran for two touchdowns and threw a scoring pass to help Florida State build a big first-half lead, and the Seminoles held off No. 5 UNC-Chapel Hill 31-28 on Saturday night.
Travis guided an offensive that generated 434 yards for Florida State, but was shut out in the second half.
UNC quarterback Sam Howell led three second-half touchdown drives to pull to 31-28, but the Tar Heels had drops on third and fourth down in the final seconds to end the comeback bid.
The Seminoles gave coach Mike Norvell a signature victory in his first season in Tallahassee following a shaky start that included a blowout loss at Miami.
- 2 NC deputies injured by ‘accidental discharge of a firearm’ during training event
- Dashcam video shows New Mexico deputy save child from choking
- Raleigh man gets $250,000 bond for possession of child porn, deputies say
- Child tax credits: IRS unveils tool to check eligibility, manage monthly payments
- Suspect in Raleigh park shooting that injured EMS worker arrested after chase, police say