CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) — The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill football team has been selected to play in a bowl game later this month.
The Tar Heels will compete against Temple in the Military Bowl, UNC football officials announced Sunday afternoon.
The game is set for Dec. 27 at noon at the Navy-Marine Corps Stadium in Annapolis, Maryland.
UNC defeated N.C. State last weekend to become bowl eligible during coach Mack Brown’s first season after returning to Chapel Hill.
- 9-year-old breaks three weightlifting records in one day
- McDougald Terrace residents expected to return home in 2-3 weeks as repairs begin, DHA CEO says
- North Carolina A&T graduate student rescues 8-year-old girl during attempted kidnapping at Biscuitville in Greensboro
- Woman shot while inside car in Rocky Mount, police say
- Going greener: Power companies face deadline to increase percentage of renewable energy