CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) — Brennan Armstrong threw for three touchdowns and ran for another and Virginia used 28 consecutive points to take command and then held on to beat No. 15 North Carolina 44-41.
Armstrong hit Shane Simpson for 71 yards, Ra’Shaun Henry for 18 and Tony Poljan for 17, the latter giving the Cavaliers a 41-20 lead on their way to their fourth consecutive victory in the series.
The Tar Heels did not go quietly behind a fantastic performance from quarterback Sam Howell and receiver Dyami Brown.
Howell threw for 443 yards and Brown caught 11 passes for 240 yards and three TDs.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wednesday, December 2nd: Live music by Jay James, Jolly Raleigh scavenger hunt clue #2
- Black and Blue Kickoff Live: After devastating Panthers loss, conversation still swirls on who is to blame
- City finds 40 Housing Code violations at Durham apartments
- Local artist Jay James rocks out to ‘Watch The Leaves’
- Mental Wellness Wednesday: Start reconnecting with others using these simple steps