CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) – Tomas Woldetensae scored 18 points and made the go-ahead 3-pointer with 0.8 seconds left to lift Virginia past North Carolina 64-62.
Mamadi Diakite added 15 points for the Cavaliers, who won for the fifth time in six games.
Woldetensae’s winning shot came after North Carolina’s Christian Keeling made three free throws to give the Tar Heels a 62-61 lead with 10.3 seconds left.
Keeling had been fouled by Woldetensae while attempting a 3-point shot.
Garrison Brooks scored 20 points to lead North Carolina, which lost its fifth consecutive game.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Search called off after report of cars crashing into Cape Fear River from I-95
- 3 long-term care facilities in Raleigh have COVID-19 outbreaks, officials say
- Tropical Storm Fay makes landfall in New Jersey
- How ‘like farming’ on social media can put you at risk
- NC governor’s task force for racial equity in criminal justice starts work
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now