CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) – Tomas Woldetensae scored 18 points and made the go-ahead 3-pointer with 0.8 seconds left to lift Virginia past North Carolina 64-62.
Mamadi Diakite added 15 points for the Cavaliers, who won for the fifth time in six games.
Woldetensae’s winning shot came after North Carolina’s Christian Keeling made three free throws to give the Tar Heels a 62-61 lead with 10.3 seconds left.
Keeling had been fouled by Woldetensae while attempting a 3-point shot.
Garrison Brooks scored 20 points to lead North Carolina, which lost its fifth consecutive game.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 31 people tested in COVID-19 outbreak at Clayton nursing home; some workers walked out last week
- ‘I’ve got to be there for them,’ says Raleigh hospice certified nursing assistant
- ‘Memories are everything’: Cleveland product Caiden Norman treasures role with ECU despite limited playing chances
- 1-year-old shot in head in NC town, police say
- Duke law student recovers from coronavirus, wants others to learn from his experience
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now