DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — Javonte Williams scored four touchdowns in the first half as UNC Chapel Hill rolled past rival Duke.
Sam Howell threw for three touchdowns and ran for another, while Michael Carter added two touchdown plays.
It marked the second time this season that the Tar Heels responded from a three-point loss by blowing out an area rival the following week.
With a 2-6 record and three games remaining, Duke will have a losing regular-season record.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- North Carolina sheriff’s office warns of deputy scam making the rounds
- North Carolina woman arrested for sex act with foster child
- Custodian arrested after hidden camera found in NC elementary school restroom
- ATF offers $5,000 reward for information on man wanted for shooting Durham County deputy
- NC State football set to honor small senior class on Saturday