Washington Football Team head coach Ron Rivera has been diagnosed with lymph node cancer, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports.
Rivera said the cancer is in the early stages and is considered “very treatable and curable.”
Schefter reports that Rivera has consulted with a number of doctors and specialists. He is establishing a treatment plan.
Rivera was hired to coach Washington on Jan. 1, 2020. Prior to that, he was the head coach of the Carolina Panthers from 2011-2019.
- Police investigating after body found in Durham neighborhood
- NC attorney general calls for federal ban of menthol cigarettes
- How long could it take to vaccinate every adult in North Carolina from COVID-19?
- Care Hub helps Duke Hospitals with emergency room logistics
- NC Education Lottery sees strong sales amid COVID-19 pandemic