NEW ORLEANS (WNCN) — Zion Williamson has joined his counterparts in the NBA by stepping up to provide financial relief for arena workers throughout the league’s 30-day hiatus.
The former Duke Blue Devil star announced the news via Instagram. For workers at the New Orleans Pelicans’ Smoothie King Arena, Williamson will donate $100,000 to the cause.
Read what Zion had to say via Instagram:
Williamson is just one of the latest to join the stance of Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban who suggested a plan should be in place to help teams’ hourly workers.
- Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine low temperature requirement poses challenges
- NC man fired for forgetting doctor’s note after negative COVID-19 test
- Venezuela judge convicts 6 American oil execs, orders prison
- Nash County deputy seriously injured in crash in Rocky Mount, police say
- Woman says mother died following horrific neglect at Charlotte nursing home