ARCHER LODGE, N.C. (WNCN) – Construction is set to begin this month to improve Buffalo Road in Johnston County.
The road will be widened to three miles between its two legs of Lake Wendell Road north of Archer Lodge.
According to the North Carolina Department of Transportation, the widening will create a center turn lane, allowing drivers to safely turn left without impeding through traffic.
The contractor will also realign both intersections of Lake Wendell Road and Buffalo Road to make it easier for drivers to see oncoming traffic when they approach the intersection.
Construction is expected to start toward the end of June and finish by the end of the year.
The project was awarded $953,920 back in March by NCDOT.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham County Public Schools holds virtual town hall, Cumberland schools approve plan
- NC officials say protests did not lead to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Doctors note new COVID-19 symptoms in young adults
- Pentagon officials: Investigation into removal of protesters near White House almost done
- Families alarmed by gunshots near youth baseball game in Goldsboro
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now