CHATHAM COUNTY, N.C. (WNCN) – Bridge work is set to begin this week in Chatham County.
The North Carolina Department of Transportation said the bridges along U.S. Route 64 and over Jordan Lake are 49 years old and need deck and structural repairs to last another 25 years.
Drivers should expect a slower driver in the work zone. Lanes will be reduced to one lane in both directions starting Thursday.
Work is expected to be completed by September.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Boy finds live grenade while magnetic fishing in Moore County
- NC man killed during fight with driver inside share driver car in SC, police say
- Jordan HS football coach Anthony Barbour steps down
- ‘A hidden gem’: Fort Bragg’s Fisher House serves injured military members and their families
- Teen who raped 5-year-old girl gets 4 years in a juvenile prison