CHATHAM COUNTY, N.C. (WNCN) – Bridge work is set to begin this week in Chatham County.
The North Carolina Department of Transportation said the bridges along U.S. Route 64 and over Jordan Lake are 49 years old and need deck and structural repairs to last another 25 years.
Drivers should expect a slower driver in the work zone. Lanes will be reduced to one lane in both directions starting Thursday.
Work is expected to be completed by September.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC island where Isaias made landfall attracts sightseers; residents seek privacy
- Black Lives Matter billboard beside Confederate flag in Pittsboro may come down soon
- Many near UNC seen wearing masks, socially distancing amid crackdown effort
- NC teachers rally for 2nd coronavirus relief bill that they say would help education
- Dirt bike rider seriously injured in collision with SUV in Fayetteville
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now