MORRISVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Traffic was snarled along the Triangle Expressway in Morrisville due to a car fire on the southbound side near Carpenter Fire Station Road.
An alert from the North Carolina Department of Transportation said the car fire was the result of a crash. A viewer tweeted CBS 17 and said that traffic was moving, despite the incident.
The crash is expected to be cleared up before 6:45 p.m., according to the NCDOT alert.
No further information was available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Baby gibbon at KC Zoo startles live TV crew as mom rappels from above
- Sun Bowl becomes 4th ACC tie-in bowl to cancel over COVID-19 pandemic
- 17-year-old injured in overnight shooting in Raleigh
- LIVE: Treasury Secretary Mnuchin, Fed Chair Powell testify on COVID-19 relief needs
- Thanksgiving travelers give RDU highest traffic volume since start of pandemic