MORRISVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Eastbound lanes of Interstate-40 reopened near Durham after a crash Wednesday afternoon, the North Carolina Department of Transportation said.
The road was closed for more than two hours.
NCDOT first sent out an alert about the crash, which happened near exit 276 for N.C. 55, just before 4:15 p.m. It said it was cleared around 6:30 p.m.
Durham police were investigating the crash. No other details were available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Trio arrested in drive-by shooting that killed 10-year-old girl; 21 bullets fired into home
- Enforcing tighter COVID-19 rules? Raleigh’s mayor weighs in
- Get paid $2,500 to watch 25 holiday movies in 25 days
- NC gyms, fitness centers impacted by Gov. Cooper’s new COVID-19 restrictions
- Amid pandemic, Wolfpack hoping they will be able to play their basketball season opener