RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A crash Wednesday night closed eastbound lanes of Interstate 540 near Falls of Neuse Road in North Raleigh, the North Carolina Department of Transportation said.
The crash happened around 9 p.m. about a mile west of the exit for Falls of Neuse Road, according to an NCDOT alert.
All lanes reopened around 10:15 p.m., NCDOT said.
Raleigh police said a car traveling west on I-540 crossed over the median and collided with a car traveling east. Both drivers involved were taken to the hospital. Both are expected to recover.
The driver who crossed the median was charged with failure to maintain lane control and for having expired tags.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Goldsboro man killed after car plunges off of Wilmington roadway near bridge
- Backup QBs have seen plenty of action in NFL playoffs
- Mets general manager admits sending explicit texts, images to female reporter, report says
- Thief berated mom for leaving kid in car he stole, police say
- In a historic move, Biden picks transgender woman as assistant health secretary