MORRISVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A main thoroughfare in Morrisville is set to close Wednesday morning and will remain closed until Friday morning.
The North Carolina Department of Transportation said crews will be making repairs to the railroad tracks on Morrisville-Carpenter Road near N.C. Highway 54 (Chapel Hill Road).
The closure starts Wednesday at 8 a.m. and goes until Friday at 6 a.m. The NCDOT said this will allow crews will repave and re-stripe pavement at the crossing.
Traffic will be directed to follow Chapel Hill Road, McCrimmon Parkway, and Davis Drive to bypass the closure.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Some Dems, not yet Biden, talk of expanding Supreme Court
- Wolfpack offensive line packing away the ‘pancakes’
- K-9 finds missing child who was lost in the woods, crying
- Dog trapped down 30-foot hole in NC mountains lured to safety with beef jerky
- Stock up on fresh, local produce at Perkin’s Orchard in Durham
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now