RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – The CBS 17 morning team is wearing orange today because it is National Go Orange Day, a day to bring attention to the safety of North Carolina’s roadway workers.
Wearing orange is also our way of supporting family members of those who have lost their lives in work zones.
National Work Zone Awareness Week goes from April 20-24.
According to the Department of Transportation’s Federal Highway Administration, there were 671 fatal work zone crashes in 2018 nationwide. Speeding was a factor in one out of every four of these crashes.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Father of 2-year-old shot in Fayetteville was shot to death in May 2019, police say
- WATCH: Woman tells officer ‘I have to poop so bad’ before high-speed chase
- 2020 Maui Invitational to be held in Asheville; UNC, Davidson part of field
- Tropical Storm Wilfred forms in Atlantic – next named storm will be ‘Alpha’
- AMIkids is Transforming Youths Lives Day By Day
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now