HENDERSON, N.C (WNCN) – The southbound lanes of Interstate-85 near Henderson could be closed for hours on Wednesday due to a traffic collision, according to the NCDOT.
The collision occurred just after 11 a.m. near exit 213 for the US-158 Bypass.
The North Carolina Department of Transportation said detour is in place:
Motorists must use exit 213 (US-158). Continue on US-158 South for approximately 7 miles to re-access I-85 South.
CBS 17 will update this story as it develops.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Duke basketball postpones season opener against Gardner-Webb over positive COVID-19 test
- Bridge to replace washed-out Johnston County culvert where 2 children died amid heavy rains
- Reward offered after 11-year-old shot while riding in car in Durham
- CBS 17 Storm Team Meteorologist Bill Reh shares his winter weather predictions
- Multimillion-dollar amusement park breaks ground in Myrtle Beach, expected to bring 100 jobs