RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Westbound lanes of Interstate 440 in Raleigh will close overnight beginning at 9 p.m. Thursday, according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
I-440 west is set to close at Lake Boone Trail so crews can place a barrier wall and pavement markings to allow traffic to shift toward the median between that exit and the next, which is Wade Avenue.
A detour will have drivers exit at Lake Boone Trail (exit 5), follow Lake Boone Trail to Blue Ridge Road, then to Wade Avenue to access I-440 west.
Work is scheduled to be done by 5 a.m. Friday, weather permitting. The closures are similar to what took place Monday on the eastbound side of I-440 between the two exits.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Alcohol a factor in Durham crash that killed motorcyclist, critically injured his wife, police say
- Trump to Senate: Vote ‘without delay’ on his high court pick
- Raleigh police investigating after man shot in east Raleigh Saturday morning
- SC teacher fired after ‘inexcusable’ Facebook post
- Police investigating Virginia in-home day care after 2 children found unresponsive, later died