PARKTON, N.C. (WNCN) – A traffic collision on I-95 near Parkton forced authorities to set up a detour Thursday.
The right lane of Interstate 95 north near exit 37 was closed Thursday afternoon as crew worked to clear the collision.
Officials said Friday that no one was seriously injured in the wreck.
Jessica Reid witnessed the collision and said her heart dropped at the sight of it.
“It was an 18 wheeler, ran up on the concrete median on the opposite side of the road. The motor of the transfer truck was sitting in the road and there was a white, I’m not familiar with cars but it was an older white sedan that was completely demolished,” Reid said.
She said traffic was at a standstill and people were outside their vehicles.
Details of the collision, which occurred around 2 p.m., were not immediately available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Man shot ‘several times’ in Durham neighborhood, police say
- 1 now dead after 4 shot in Raleigh, 2 arrests made, police say
- Man shot by officer while reaching for gun in waistband, Ahoskie police say
- Trump’s support hits 6-month high in key battleground states, including NC
- UNC slips a spot in Top 25 poll despite win over NC State; Clemson remains No. 1