CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) – Trevor Lawrence threw for 329 yards and three touchdowns as No. 1 Clemson started 3-0 for the sixth straight season with a 41-23 victory over Virginia on Saturday night.
Amari Rodgers had two touchdown receptions, and Travis Etienne caught a scoring pass and ran for a touchdown.
Etienne finished with 115 yards on the ground, his 19th game with 100 or more.
Clemson opened things up late in the first half as Lawrence found Rodgers for two touchdowns to make it 24-3.
Virginia closed to 27-17, but Etienne followed with his second score to regain control.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Politicians eat their words after dining out, taking trips during pandemic
- COVID-19 vaccination cards will be issued, health officials say
- NC State men’s basketball to play 11 games at PNC Arena this season
- Emails show health department will stop Youngsville Christmas Parade unless plans are altered
- Shopping local and taking down the boards in downtown Raleigh: A look at December’s Raleigh Magazine