NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A chief petty officer onboard the USS Jason Dunham died after being struck by a forklift on Pier 14 at Naval Station Norfolk Friday morning.
On Saturday, the U.S. Navy identified the Sailor as Chief Petty Officer Adam M. Foti.
Navy officials say the incident happened around 11 a.m.
NAVSTA Fire and Emergency Services responded and the Chief Petty Officer was transported to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.
Shortly after arrival to SNGH, the Chief Petty Officer was pronounced deceased at 11:34 a.m.
No further information is available at this time.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Chief Petty Officer Adam M.
Foti,” the Navy said.
This is a breaking news story.
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Advice for job seekers
- Texas early voting exceeds total of all 2016 ballots
- McRib is back: McDonald’s fan-favorite to be available nationwide for first time since 2012
- Daughter watches massive tree crush family’s home during Tropical Storm Zeta in NC
- Suspect in critical condition after NC officer-involved shooting