RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – The National Weather Service in Raleigh issued a flash flood warning late Tuesday night for parts of five central North Carolina counties.
Southeastern Person County, Vance County, central Orange County, central Granville County, and northwestern Durham County are all in a flash flood warning until 1:45 a.m. Wednesday.
“Doppler radar and automated rain gauges indicated training thunderstorms that were continuously redeveloping across the warned area. Three to four inches of rain have already fallen in some locations, with many areas receiving two inches or more,” the alert said.
Latest news from CBS17.com:
- Local youth participate in wheelchair basketball camp in Cary
- NC wife ‘wanted to kill’ husband, fired .357 magnum through door, deputies say
- Deputies ID 2 suspects in murder of pizza delivery driver in Roanoke Rapids
- Federal bill would let marijuana businesses bank
- Deputies: NC man kidnaps wife with intent to kill her, man she was having affair with
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now