RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) - Heavy rainfall has caused flooding and some minor damage to buildings around central North Carolina.
Raleigh police reported standing water on Glenwood Avenue. They responded around 4 p.m. for a water rescue at Glenwood Avenue and Lynn Road, according to dispatch.
Rock Quarry Road near Sanderford Road was closed for about three hours.
There were reports in Lee County of tree limbs landing on a carport. There was also a local warehouse damaged in Sanford.
CBS 17 will continue to update this story.
- Millbrook girls soccer goalie injured mid-game gets visit from Courage players
- Southern Storm Watch: Preparing for upcoming severe weather starting Friday
- 'Hand in Hand' - A woman's journey receiving the first bilateral hand transplant in North Carolina
- How to best protect a car from damage in severe storms
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Gov. Cooper vetoes 'born-alive' abortion bill passed by NCGA
- Family of teen killed by brain-eating amoeba from NC Whitewater Center settles lawsuit
- NC 9th District candidate Dan McCready returns donation from Rep. Ilhan Omar
- Spring is here — and that means snakes could be lurking