BURGAW, N.C. (WNCN) — As several tornado warnings were issued at the North Carolina coast Thursday morning ahead of Hurricane Dorian, one fire station managed to capture video of a tornado.
The tornado — in which flying debris can be seen — was caught on video passing near Pender County Fire Station 18 along U.S. Highway 17 near Sidbury Road, according to the National Weather Service.
A crew member of Station 18 captured the video just before 7 a.m.
A tornado warning was issued for Brunswick, Pender, Bladen and Columbus counties through 8:15 a.m. Thursday.
According to WECT, there have been several reports of damage around the area.
U.S. 17 was blocked Thursday in Brunswick County near Shallotte after a tree fell near Green Swamp Road.
A tornado watch was also issued for much of North Carolina east of Interstate 95 until 7 p.m. Thursday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- You can get a free Firehouse sub if your name is Michael, Marquita or Michelle
- Florida man recorded by neighbor beating dog unconscious, police say
- Thunberg ‘a bit surprised’ to be Time ‘Person of the Year’
- ‘He was our baby’: Family devastated after veterinarian euthanizes wrong dog
- Colorful crosswalks not sitting well with some in Durham
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now