CALABASH, N.C. (WNCN) — Some homes and other structures were damaged by possible tornadoes in Brunswick County on Thursday morning.
The Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office posted video and photos of damage at a neighborhood called The Farm, the Crow Creek area and along U.S. 17.
The Farm community is located at Carolina Shores, just off U.S. 17, north of Calabash. Homes in that neighborhood showed major damage with some houses missing part of their roofs. Fences were torn away and other debris littered the area.
The Crow Creek neighborhood is in the same area, but is located slightly closer to the South Carolina line. In the Crow Creek area, some U-Haul trailers were blown into a nearby woodline.
Damage along U.S. 17 was near Dorothy Trail. Damage there appeared to be a metal building or shed that was tossed into the well-used highway.
There were no reports of injuries. A tornado warning was issued for parts of Brunswick County until 8 a.m.
- Newborn’s face cut during emergency C-section, requires 13 stitches
- Aggie Pride! 2 A&T students are packing their bags and heading to Tokyo with their eyes on Olympic gold
- Florida woman discovers nearly $1 billion in her bank account
- WHOA!: U.S. Navy releases footage of 40,000-pound bomb explosion off east coast
- Raleigh’s Nate McMillan joins exclusive club with NBA playoffs run