RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A Severe Thunderstorm Warning has been issued for parts of central North Carolina.
The National Weather Service says the warning affects Warren, Harnett, and Halifax Counties. The alert will continue through 9:15 p.m.
Weather officials say the warning is due to 60 mph wind gusts and penny-sized hail. Damage is expected to roofs, siding and trees for affected areas.
- VIDEO: Close call for kayakers as a giant glacier collapse near them
- “It’s doing something good”: 2 women brighten lives of seniors with memory loss
- Police: 9-year-old shot, killed in Durham; 8-year-old wounded
- Florida man who allegedly said he wants to set record and kill 100 people in mass shooting is arrested
- Four Loko teases new seltzer with nearly triple the alcohol content of its competitors
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now