RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A Severe Thunderstorm Warning has been issued for parts of central North Carolina.
The National Weather Service says the warning affects Warren, Harnett, and Halifax Counties. The alert will continue through 9:15 p.m.
Weather officials say the warning is due to 60 mph wind gusts and penny-sized hail. Damage is expected to roofs, siding and trees for affected areas.
- Raleigh restaurants surprise NC National troops at Cameron Village with free dinner
- NC beach reports 20+ water rescues in recent weeks
- Man arrested for not returning rental car hours after telling city council he planned to sue Raleigh police
- Shoplifter stabs, pepper-sprays Walmart workers, Louisiana police say
- Gov. Cooper orders lowering of flags to half-staff in honor of N.C. native George Floyd
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now