RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A Severe Thunderstorm Warning has been issued for parts of central North Carolina.
The National Weather Service says the warning affects Warren, Harnett, and Halifax Counties. The alert will continue through 9:15 p.m.
Weather officials say the warning is due to 60 mph wind gusts and penny-sized hail. Damage is expected to roofs, siding and trees for affected areas.
- INCREDIBLE VIDEO: Trooper pulls man from crashed car just seconds before train hits
- NC mom says assistant principal preyed on her son for sex
- Lingerie store that doubled as secret strip club is closed down
- Deputies ask man to quit calling about his stolen marijuana
- Jay Bilas, NC congressman weigh in on NCAA’s ‘Fair Pay to Play’ issue
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now