DAUPHIN ISLAND, Ala. (WKRG) — As Tropical Storm Barry is forecast to hit the U.S. Gulf Coast this weekend, water was already flooding Dauphin Island on Friday.
The roadway on Dauphin Island’s West End was flooded Friday ahead of Tropical Storm Barry.
Also, a car got stuck in beach sand and was completely flooded after being caught in water near Tonty Court.
Some beach-goers managed to help the driver of a stuck SUV. The vehicle was caught in deep sand and water along a road on Dauphin Island.
Bienville Boulevard has been closed to the public at Sehoy Street.
Photos from the east side of Dauphin Island earlier in the day did not show flooding in that area.
- 2019 Starry Night Walk at Dorothea Dix will raise money to cure childhood brain tumors
- Panthers QB Newton to miss 2nd straight game
- Monday marks first official day of Fall!
- Wake Forest police ask for help identifying 2 connected to grocery store larcenies
- Soldier from Fayetteville dies in SC during training
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now