DAUPHIN ISLAND, Ala. (WKRG) — As Tropical Storm Barry is forecast to hit the U.S. Gulf Coast this weekend, water was already flooding Dauphin Island on Friday.
The roadway on Dauphin Island’s West End was flooded Friday ahead of Tropical Storm Barry.
Also, a car got stuck in beach sand and was completely flooded after being caught in water near Tonty Court.
Some beach-goers managed to help the driver of a stuck SUV. The vehicle was caught in deep sand and water along a road on Dauphin Island.
Bienville Boulevard has been closed to the public at Sehoy Street.
Photos from the east side of Dauphin Island earlier in the day did not show flooding in that area.
- Autistic boy, 15, died of overdose after Florida man gave him drugs, sexually assaulted him
- Someone’s slashing tires at NC coast, mainly Jeep Wranglers
- Man accused of secretly recording women at Virginia Old Navy, Hobby Lobby
- Child injured in crash on Louisburg Road has ‘improved,’ police say
- USDA rule could cut food stamp benefits for 3.1 million
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now