DAUPHIN ISLAND, Ala. (WKRG) — As Tropical Storm Barry is forecast to hit the U.S. Gulf Coast this weekend, water was already flooding Dauphin Island on Friday.
The roadway on Dauphin Island’s West End was flooded Friday ahead of Tropical Storm Barry.
Also, a car got stuck in beach sand and was completely flooded after being caught in water near Tonty Court.
Some beach-goers managed to help the driver of a stuck SUV. The vehicle was caught in deep sand and water along a road on Dauphin Island.
Bienville Boulevard has been closed to the public at Sehoy Street.
Photos from the east side of Dauphin Island earlier in the day did not show flooding in that area.
- 1 person shot at intersection west of downtown Durham, police say
- Family remembers NC construction worker killed by SUV at work site
- Major fire at Lake Luzerne home belonging to Rachael Ray
- 8 inmates test positive for COVID-19 at Durham County jail
- NC coworkers decide to split ‘ridiculous’ $4 million lottery win
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now