DAUPHIN ISLAND, Ala. (WKRG) — As Tropical Storm Barry is forecast to hit the U.S. Gulf Coast this weekend, water was already flooding Dauphin Island on Friday.
The roadway on Dauphin Island’s West End was flooded Friday ahead of Tropical Storm Barry.
Also, a car got stuck in beach sand and was completely flooded after being caught in water near Tonty Court.
Some beach-goers managed to help the driver of a stuck SUV. The vehicle was caught in deep sand and water along a road on Dauphin Island.
Bienville Boulevard has been closed to the public at Sehoy Street.
Photos from the east side of Dauphin Island earlier in the day did not show flooding in that area.
- Colonial Pipeline site assessment reveals an estimated 1.2M gallons of gasoline leaked in NC town
- Japan stands firm on Tokyo Olympics schedule, denies report of cancellation
- PHOTOS/VIDEO: Miller Lite semi-truck crashes into NC home
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website
- Senate Republicans can shut door on immigration reform with filibuster