RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A severe thunderstorm warning was issued for several areas near Raleigh Saturday afternoon.
The warning was issued at 4:15 p.m. for southwestern Nash County, eastern Wake County, western Wilson County, central Johnston County and southwestern Franklin County.
The warning is in effect until 5:15 p.m., according to the National Weather Service.
“At 4:15 p.m. severe thunderstorms were located along a line extending from near Clayton to Smithfield, moving northeast at 25 mph,” the weather service said.
The storms could include 60 mph wind gusts, according to forecasters.
Locations that could be affected include Raleigh, Smithfield, Wilson, Garner, Clayton, Zebulon, Bailey, Bunn, Knightdale and Micro.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Pope Field airman awarded Silver Star for actions in ‘harrowing’ Afghanistan fire fight
- 14 aftershocks hit NC county after large weekend earthquake
- 2 kids and girlfriend find man shot dead in backyard in Nash County, deputies say
- NC county given $10,000 and 45,000 lbs. of food to support tornado relief efforts
- $40,000 up for grabs in NC fishing tournament set for this weekend