RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – The National Weather Service issued a tornado warning Wednesday for the northwestern part of Warren County.
The warning, which was issued just before 7:10 p.m., lasted until 7:30 p.m. A severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado was spotted near Norlina, which is about 7 miles north of Warrenton. It was moving northwest at 20 mph.
The NWS recommended that people in the affected area take cover.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 10-time Langley Speedway champion Shawn Balluzzo dies following crash
- Advice on how to talk to your kids about race, current racial tensions
- Friday, July 10th : Talking to your kids about race, current tensions
- Search of lake for missing “Glee” star Naya Rivera to resume Sunday
- Police execute search warrant at mansion of gun-toting couple