RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Severe storms are moving through central North Carolina Thursday afternoon and into the evening.
Edgecombe County, southeastern Halifax County, and northeastern Wilson County are all in a severe thunderstorm warning until 9:30 after a line of storms was located stretching from about 12 miles east of Rocky Mount to near Tarboro and Wilson.
Wake, Lee, Chatham, Harnett, Johnston, and Nash counties were all under a severe thunderstorm warning at some point on Thursday.
Storms are expected to continue through the night and into Friday, which will be a CBS 17 Storm Team Alert Day. Rain is possible Saturday, as well, as a cold front moves in that will bring the forecasted high down to the mid-70s.
This story will be updated.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Granville County sheriff suspended following felony obstruction indictment
- Spam introduces limited-edition pumpkin spice flavor
- North Carolina airports to receive $17 million in infrastructure funding
- NC deputies investigating fatal crossbow shooting
- 2019 Starry Night Walk at Dorothea Dix will raise money to cure childhood brain tumors
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now