CAMERON, La. (WKRG) – When Hurricane Laura made landfall early Thursday morning, it joined a very short list of some of the worst storms to ever hit the United States.
Laura is only one of 10 storms on record to make landfall with winds of over 150 mph. The last was Michael that wiped parts of the Florida panhandle away.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Report details impact of marijuana legalization in Virginia
- COVID-19 patient gets help from across the US thanks to Navy SEAL brother-in-law
- US students falling behind in math during pandemic, study finds
- At tiny rural hospitals, weary doctors treat friends, family
- Meet Charlotte, a Banded Huntsman Spider who found a home