ABBEVILLE, La. (WKRG) — It’s still too early too know just how much devastation Hurricane Laura will leave behind in Louisiana. But we are starting to see some of the impact and damage. Reporter Jiovanni Lieggi is in Abbeville, Louisiana, where he is seeing some of that damage firsthand.
Video from the scene shows a massive tree on top of a house. Lieggi says a family of five lives there.
Laura is the strongest storm to ever make landfall on this part of the Gulf Coast. It made landfall near Cameron at about 1 a.m. Thursday with winds of more than 150 mph.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Mom killed her 2 children with meat cleaver, Arizona police say
- More NC gas stations getting fuel, but state still last in supplies amid crisis
- Blood-covered 4-year-old boy found slain in street; man arrested, Dallas police say
- VIDEO: 22 riders stuck 20 feet off ground on roller coaster in Arizona
- Hundreds of bodies found buried along riverbanks of India