ABBEVILLE, La. (WKRG) — It’s still too early too know just how much devastation Hurricane Laura will leave behind in Louisiana. But we are starting to see some of the impact and damage. Reporter Jiovanni Lieggi is in Abbeville, Louisiana, where he is seeing some of that damage firsthand.
Video from the scene shows a massive tree on top of a house. Lieggi says a family of five lives there.
Laura is the strongest storm to ever make landfall on this part of the Gulf Coast. It made landfall near Cameron at about 1 a.m. Thursday with winds of more than 150 mph.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Stevie Wonder, Celine Dion, Black Eyed Peas to perform in honor of nurses this Thanksgiving
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Walmart Black Friday: Here are the best deals you can find right now online
- CDC considering shortening quarantine time for COVID-19 exposure
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America